Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updates not installing.

MacBook Pro 10.14. Updates are not installing. Images may show process. Repeated attempts.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, Mojave 10.14

Posted on Nov 8, 2018 3:22 PM

4 replies

Nov 9, 2018 4:48 PM in response to cossieos

Hi ​cossieos,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're seeing an error when trying to install updates from the App Store on your Mac. I know it's important to keep your software and apps up-to-date; I'd like to help. I'd recommend that you use the steps here to start your Mac in safe mode and test to see if you're able to install the updates: ​ Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

If you're able to install them successfully, restart your Mac normally and resume standard use. If the issue persists in safe mode, let me know.

Best Regards.

Nov 11, 2018 9:36 AM in response to cossieos

Hi ​cossieos,

The time it takes for your Mac to boot in safe mode can vary; it does take longer than a normal boot. To check if you've booted into safe mode successfully, open System Information and check the Software section for "Boot Mode" where you'll see either "Safe" or "Normal" listed. Let me know if you're having trouble.

Best Regards.

updates not installing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.