Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am using FCE 4.0.1 on my iMac 11.1 vintage 'late 2009' to capture MiniDV material. Every capture has be rendered. 1 suspect I am using wrong settings for the capture. PAL & DV Anamorphic. Can anyone help me identify the correct settings?

I am using FCE 4.0.1 on my iMac 11.1 vintage 'late 2009' to capture MiniDV material. Every capture has to be rendered. I suspect I am using wrong settings for the capture. PAL & DV Anamorphic. Can anyone help me identify the correct settings?

VIN,iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 9, 2018 10:04 AM in response to Studio X

Thanks Studio X.

What format are you capturing? As far as I can tell the material was shot on a Canon XM2, on standard play MiniDV tape with the camera set to anamorphic - what I'm trying to do is capture this quite old footage into my ancient iMac still running FCE - so that I can export the capture as a .mov and then Import it into my newer MacBook Pro (which I don't think has any facility to capture from tape) where I am learning how to master FCP X.

What format is the sequence setting? Not sure what I'm looking for I fear - I've found RENDER in User Preferences set to OPEN SEQUENCES and the Render RT Segments ticked. Am I looking in the right place to answer this question?

Thanks for your interest - hope you can help.

I am using FCE 4.0.1 on my iMac 11.1 vintage 'late 2009' to capture MiniDV material. Every capture has be rendered. 1 suspect I am using wrong settings for the capture. PAL & DV Anamorphic. Can anyone help me identify the correct settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.