You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2018) power button loose

Hi all,

I’ve just today taken delivery of my new iPad Pro and I’m loving it so far. However, one part that’s bothering me is the power/lock button, which seems surprisingly loose, and I can move it around slightly in its holder. I’ve used devices with this kind of issue before and not thought much of it, but this problem sticks out specifically on my iPad Pro because the volume buttons just next to the power button are solid and do not move at all when running a finger over them.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is it pretty common, or should I take it into the Apple store for them to have a look at it?

Any advice appreciated!

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2018 4:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 7:52 PM

If Apple Stores in your area are out of replacement stock of the new iPad Pro models for you to get a replacement, contact Apple Support below and discuss your new iPad issue and situation with them, directly.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Good Luck to You!

Similar questions

7 replies

Nov 9, 2018 5:17 PM in response to foreignfez

Don’t fool around with a problem with a brand new Apple device out of the box.

Box it up, return it to your “local” Apple Store and get another new iPad and check it out thoroughly and set it up in the store before you leave to make sure their is nothing wrong with it cosmetically and functionally.

You have 14 day return policy for any Apple product that has any issues for a replacement or full refund.

Good Luck to You!

Nov 18, 2018 7:42 PM in response to MichelPM

First of all, I wasn’t replying to you.

Second, you sound very rude.

Third, yes I read yours. Question though: I have new iPad Pro 12.9 1TB Celluar + WiFi in gray version, they are not available right now in any Apple store close to me within 100 miles. So what am I supposed to do? Go to store and return my current iPad which I had just set up for first three days and wait to get a replacement in another two or three weeks? Because of a loose button which could be fixed potentially at store? Or while I’m waiting for the replacement, I can still use my current one until the new one is delivered? I doubt it. I asked the question again because I was looking for an alternative than your advice. Please don’t assume when you don’t know about the situation. Thank you!

iPad Pro 12.9 inch (2018) power button loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.