Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Skript

I try to move a folder and get always: error "\"Users\" can not be changed in type integer. number -1700 from "Users" to integer.

Here my script:

move (document file Namen of (folder "Praxis" of folder "CloudStation" of folder "Documents" of folder "thomas" of folder "Users" of "Macintosh HD")) to (folder " Abschluss aktuell" of folder "Praxis" of folder "CloudStation" of folder "Documents" of folder "thomas" of folder "Users" of "Macintosh HD")

Where ist my mistake??

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 4:13 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 10, 2018 6:43 AM in response to thomasfromhard

Use the following:

move (document file Namen of (folder "Praxis" of folder "CloudStation" of folder "Documents" of folder "thomas" of folder "Users" of disk "Macintosh HD")) to (folder " Abschluss aktuell" of folder "Praxis" of folder "CloudStation" of folder "Documents" of folder "thomas" of folder "Users" of disk "Macintosh HD")

(165865)

Nov 10, 2018 9:38 PM in response to thomasfromhard

That may explain a lot.

set Namen to value of cell "C43" of table "R-Berechnung" of document 1 & ".rtd"

This returns a list consisting of two values - one is the value of the specified cell and the second is the string '.rtd'.

Assuming that the cell in question holds the base filename, and you're trying to append '.rtd' to it, try something like:

set Namen to ((value of cell "C43" of table "R-Berechnung" of document 1) & ".rtd") as text

This will make sure you have a text object to pass to the Finder for the filename.

Apple Skript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.