You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red/Green Accept/Decline Buttons vs Slider on incoming calls

New iPhone XMax. On some incoming calls, I get the green/ red "Accept" or "Decline" buttons, which I prefer because all I have to do is hit Decline if I don't want to answer.

On about 1/2 my incoming calls, those two colored buttons do not show up; instead I get the slider that says "Slide to Answer." I'm aware I can stop the ringing by hitting the upper side button, but that doesn't send it to VM as quickly.

What determines which incoming calls bring up the 2 colored buttons and which bring up the slider? And is there a setting to make all calls bring up the colored buttons?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 6:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2018 6:49 PM

By locked, do you mean the Lock Screen?

Because I often get Accept/Decline even after my phone hasn't been opened for a long time...and my screen is set to auto-lock after 5 minutes. Go figure?

2 replies

Red/Green Accept/Decline Buttons vs Slider on incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.