Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode on iPad Pro 11"

I have a new iPad pro 11" I have tried taking a picture in portrait mode, but the camera only takes a selfie. I cannot find the button to switch to the rear camera? Does anyone else have this problem?

iPad Pro 11-inch, Wi-Fi, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 11:56 PM

I have the iPad Pro 3rd gen 12.9.

Portrait mode on the iPad Pro 3rd generation only allow you to take a portrait of yourself using the front camera. You can not switch to back camera in portrait mode.

User uploaded file

There are controls here for different lighting effects. For example, this one is using "Stage Light" which makes the background all black around you.

*The white dot above "Photo" in screenshot below was put there by me to cover my face.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 11, 2018 11:56 PM in response to cpdettmers

I have the iPad Pro 3rd gen 12.9.

Portrait mode on the iPad Pro 3rd generation only allow you to take a portrait of yourself using the front camera. You can not switch to back camera in portrait mode.

User uploaded file

There are controls here for different lighting effects. For example, this one is using "Stage Light" which makes the background all black around you.

*The white dot above "Photo" in screenshot below was put there by me to cover my face.

User uploaded file

Portrait mode on iPad Pro 11"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.