Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple care plus International warranty.

Hello there, I am writing from India. I am planning to buy an iPhone and have asked my friend to buy it for me from USA where he works. He asked me whether to include Applecare plus for it, here I am in dilemma (after going through lots of websites) about Applecare plus's international warranty, my concerns are listed point wise as follows,

1. If i buy it (Applecare plus) along with the phone in USA and I would be using it here in India, in case any damage or software issue do I get assistance from Indian authorized apple resellers? Or is it only restricted in the country where it is bought.?

2. Do Indian authorized apple resellers take in my concern and will they help me ship it back to USA to get it fixed?

3. Can I purchase iPhone in USA and Applecare plan in India.

4. Where can I find out more about the international support and coverage (any link would be fine) that states for coverage of international warranty?

Your response and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 10:17 AM

I called up apple customer care to find out that if the model number(Model number is mentioned in "Tech Specs" under cellular section) distributed in India is bought from USA then if I buy Applecare plus the warranty will be covered even in India.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 11, 2018 9:23 AM in response to bk2arya

bk2arya wrote:

1. If i buy it (Applecare plus) along with the phone in USA and I would be using it here in India, in case any damage or software issue do I get assistance from Indian authorized apple resellers? Or is it only restricted in the country where it is bought.?

No. The warranty and AppleCare+ are only valid in the country where the phone was originally sold.

2. Do Indian authorized apple resellers take in my concern and will they help me ship it back to USA to get it fixed?

As a rule, no.

3. Can I purchase iPhone in USA and Applecare plan in India.

No.

4. Where can I find out more about the international support and coverage (any link would be fine) that states for coverage of international warranty?

Nowhere, because there in no international warranty on iPhones. The only thing even remotely close is phones purchased in the EU. The EU is considered a single "country" for warranty or service purposes.

Also keep in mind that you probably will not even be able to get paid out of warranty service for a device purchased in another country. Also, iPhones are region specific. Phones sold in the US may not be compatible with the LTE networks used in other countries. If you plan to use the phone in India, buy it from an authorized retailer in India.

Apple care plus International warranty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.