Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoScreen Recording failed to save

I get this message when using Screen Recording,

Screen Recording failed to save do to:

The operation couldn’t be completed.

(Cocoa error -1.)

With the iOS 12 update, my iPhone became fast again and worked almost like new! Since then, however, it has (once again) slowed down significantly and become almost inoperable due to lag.

Any insight or advice as to how I can deal with this would be really helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

[Re-Titled by Host]

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 12:22 PM

37 replies

Jan 9, 2019 12:21 AM in response to Samsgirl

Come on apple..please fix this..i tried all the methods that listed including restarting and restoring my iphone 7 plus..but my screen recording still showing Cocoa error and not just that, my iphone has so many bugs that my apps cannot work properly..and there’s also been reported that alot of iphone 7 plus users have issues with ios 12..please apple..fix this as soon as possible.. thanks..

Mar 15, 2019 8:20 AM in response to Euronn

Nobody is going to find your 'missing' 30 minutes of screen recording. If your video fails to SAVE, whether its a Cocoa error or something else, your 'recorded' video is gone. Again, if the source of whatever you're recording is protected or copyrighted your screen recording will fail to save and you'll likely get the Cocoa -1 error message, which will only tell you that your screen recording didn't save but the error code will not explain what in particular caused the error.

An example is when I want to show somebody a screen recording of how to change a setting or explain a process with a screen recorded video. It saves correctly every time. But if were to try to get a screen recording of a movie or a copyrighted clip, at the end of my recording I'll get the Cocoa -1 error. Not Apple's fault - their device can't allow you record just anything you want - if you could do that you'd never have to pay for a movie again, you could just screen record it and share it freely.

I'm not going to pretend to know how particular devices running certain iOS versions behave when it comes to screen recording. I've read how restarting your device can help, or checking certain settings like power saving mode, or uninstalling and reinstalling apps will help, or clearing internet history and website data in hopes that it will make the error go away. Maybe that will help in some instances but what it comes down to is that iOS realizes there is a problem with your screen recording itself or the storing of the recording and that contributes to your Cocoa -1 error.

Apr 25, 2019 4:54 AM in response to Abnel69

Try going to settings > general > profiles, and remove any profiles there. FORCE RESTART your phone

TO Force Restart:

iphone 6S PLUs and earlier- hold down home button + power button for a few seconds until the phone restarts ( IGNORE the “slide to power off” prompt. )

iphone 7 and 7 plus- hold volume down and power for appx 7 seconds

iphone 8- iphone xs max models-

press and quickly release the volume up, press and quickly release the volume down, then press and hold the side sleep/ wake button until the phone restarts, again ignoring the prompt “ slide to power off “ prompt on screen)

I was having this problem yesterday, and this resolved my issue

May 16, 2019 8:48 PM in response to Samsgirl

Its because you are using an app that uses the ram and the processor more than that allocated for screen recording.

I had the same problem.

i used to record free fire gameplay that could last for 15 min and i had lost due to cocoa error (1).

It cannot be fixed because the app developer (Apple inc.) have to improve the screen recording preinstalled app.

*But there is a Solution

you can use applications like DU recorder, Record it To record your entire screen without failure.

i have fixed the screen recording error problem by this apps only.

don't worry about the quality because it’s better enough to record what would Apple recording give.

hope you found it helpful, if please tick the helpful icon.

CoScreen Recording failed to save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.