Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I go to download an app or purchase a movie I keep getting the message "Unable to complete purchase" so how do I fix this?

I updated my billing information but still can not download anything. I just bought a new apple tv. The old one worked fine as far as purchasing everything but this new one is a joke if it wont let me purchase anything. I went through all the troubleshooting.

Posted on Nov 11, 2018 2:24 PM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2018 4:52 PM in response to jard2095

Try to do the movie purchase (one time) on a computer with iTunes, or on an iOS device in the iTunes Store. When wrapping that up, select ‘Watch later’, then find that item on your Apple TV, among the purchased items of the Movies app. (Works for renting, too.)

After that is done successfully on a different device, then it should work on Apple TV the next time, as it is all linked to the same Apple ID.

Updating the payment information is more flexible on other devices, with a higher success rate, or so it seems.

If you get the message to contact iTunes Support, however, then that is what you should do, as the staff may need to do some action.

When I go to download an app or purchase a movie I keep getting the message "Unable to complete purchase" so how do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.