Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my Mac pin

i Locked my Mac when I moved with my iCloud. I’ve now have gotten my Mac set up at my new home several months later and my its saying to enter pin to unlock my Mac. I went on my iCloud and it shows the imac and the location but isnt offering me an option to “unlock” the Mac or providing me with a pin to unlock it with. I tried generating one with two factor but it didn’t work. I can’t remember if I assigned a pin when I locked the mac or if it is something iCloud would provide me to enter. Usually it will offer an “unlock” option like when an iPad or iPhone is missing and locked I simply unlock it on this page and it’s not offing me that option at all. It shows play sound and that’s it - I entered the PIN numbers I may put on my devices and none worked so something provide me with assistance to find my pin on iCloud find my Mac or if I put my own pin I can go into my passwords and enter them all I didn’t want to enter a bu ch of puns as it locked me out when a wrong one for 5min and I entered the ones I usually use I can’t recall if I set it but if so i can brainstorm But if there is an easy way of bypassing this let me know - the Mac doesn’t have much on it so I can reset the entire computer it was backed up regularly I just am stuck on this lock page and I’m more of a windows expert than mac

iMac, iOS 11.2.1, I need to reset or find my pin lock

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 4:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 6:47 AM

See this article If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

How do I unlock my Mac?

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it with your passcode. Make sure to use the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My Mac, not your device passcode.

Here's how to see the passcode that you used to lock your Mac:

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC.
  2. Select your Mac from the Devices menu.
  3. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

The passcode is valid for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2018 6:47 AM in response to christianfrompawling

See this article If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

How do I unlock my Mac?

After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it with your passcode. Make sure to use the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My Mac, not your device passcode.

Here's how to see the passcode that you used to lock your Mac:

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC.
  2. Select your Mac from the Devices menu.
  3. Select Unlock. After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you'll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.

The passcode is valid for a limited time. If you forget your passcode or can't verify your identity to see it, take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service Provider along with your proof of purchase.

Find my Mac pin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.