Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charter Email Help

iOS 12.1 iPhone 6S plus

Haven't had trouble with Charter.net account on my Verizon iPhone for 10+ years until today.

My charter.net email address stopped sending. I deleted the email account from the phone and re-loaded correctly according to the Spectrum (Charter) web page.

When adding the account to my Verizon phone i receive this message

"the charter.net email settings provided on this site are intended for use on the iPhone using the AT&T wireless data network."

Huh? I can go to the Spectrum (Charter) web page and send receive email from the same account with no errors.

Has Apple done something with charter.net email addresses so they only work on AT&T?

Thanks

Chuck

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 5:48 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 12, 2018 6:29 AM in response to chuckp25

This discussion may help although some of the content is a little old, it talks about checking port numbers and security settings (that didn’t match what was on Charter’s web page).

https://androidforums.com/threads/problem-with-charter-outgoing-server.894818/

Whenever I‘ve done a iOS update and mail send failed, it was usually traced to lack of password, not sure why but under the “Outgoing Mail Server” section (SMTP) the password was missing and the service required it‘s presence (did the update remove it or was the new mail configuration now insisting on it to work, who know’s). Worth checking though.

Nov 13, 2018 4:25 PM in response to chuckp25

I have the same problem as Chuckp25....

iPhone 6+ not Sending Email from Charter. I have NOT installed Update 12.

Charter.net email worked great until a 11/10/2018...I was able to both send and receive email from iPhone Mail App.

All the settings and Passwords are correct and double checked...I am not a beginner to this stuff.

I called Charter tech support with No suggestions other than not their problem because I can send and receive on their Web mail . The problem is not with my Verizon provider. So it seems to narrow down to Apple...

Thanks for whatever you can do to help us out here!

Charter Setting Below:

Incoming Server:

IMAP, incoming server: mobile.charter.net, incoming port= 993, SSI incoming= SSl

Outgoing Server:

mobile.charter.net, Outgoing port=587, Requires sign-in=yes

I reset my Spectrum/Charter password on website.

I can send and receive email on the Charter web site on my iPhone 6+ and my desktop.

However, I cannot Send from my iPhone Mail App.

Here is the Error message I receive when I try setting up the Outgoing server:

THE CHARTER.NET EMAIL SETTINGS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE INTENDED FOR USE ON THE IPHONE USING THE AT&T WIRELESS DATA NETWORK. THESE SETTING MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE IF THE IPHONE IS CONNECTED TO A WI-FI NETWORK OR OTHER CELLULAR NETWORK

This account may not be able to send or receive emails. Are you sure you want to save?

Nov 13, 2018 4:34 PM in response to jerrydeg

Have you contacted Charter directly? Call them and ask for second level support and have them walk you through setting up your account manually. Given the time factor that you and the OP have mentioned it would seem to be something has changed with charters mail servers (not an unusual happening) that is causing the problem.

Charter Email Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.