Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change child's iPhone passcode

I just setup family sharing on my child's iPhone.

I need to change the passcode on that phone but can't seem to figure out a way to do that.

There's no option to change passcode, no option to add finger print access.

Can't go into the iCloud settings on the phone so can't turn find my iPhone off and hence restore the phone.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 7:31 AM

Go to Settings>Screen Time (just above Settings) on your daughter's phone. Then, type in the passcode, and scroll to the Content & Privacy section, tap that, enter Screen Time passcode, scroll down to the "Allow" section, and see if turning "Passcode Changes" back on will result in the option showing back up in Settings.

Best,

GB

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 7:31 AM in response to DJSNP

Go to Settings>Screen Time (just above Settings) on your daughter's phone. Then, type in the passcode, and scroll to the Content & Privacy section, tap that, enter Screen Time passcode, scroll down to the "Allow" section, and see if turning "Passcode Changes" back on will result in the option showing back up in Settings.

Best,

GB

Nov 15, 2018 5:25 AM in response to DJSNP

See if you can turn off Find My Phone using the steps in the first 2 articles below. If you can do that, see the 3rd link to change the access passcode. If you are dealing with Parental Control, see the 4th link.

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

Activation Lock - Turn off Find My iPhone

Passcode - If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 15, 2018 1:48 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi GM

I am trying to change the passcode of my daughter’s phone. When I go into the settings of her phone, the regular spot (under general) where the option to change passcode and finger iD (her’s is an iPhone 6+ running iOS 12.1) doesn’t have it.

When I go into the iCloud settings of my phone, don’t see an option to change passcode of my daughter’s phone there as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks DJ

Nov 16, 2018 4:33 PM in response to DJSNP

DJSNP wrote:

I am trying to change the passcode of my daughter’s phone. When I go into the settings of her phone, the regular spot (under general) where the option to change passcode and finger iD (her’s is an iPhone 6+ running iOS 12.1) doesn’t have it.

I may be misunderstanding you. But, Touch ID & Passcode is not under Settings>General. It's at the top level of Settings, just below Siri & Search. Is that where you're looking?

Nov 17, 2018 10:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright wrote:

DJSNP wrote:

I may be misunderstanding you. But, Touch ID & Passcode is not under Settings>General. It's at the top level of Settings, just below Siri & Search. Is that where you're looking?

Yeah - I thought the OP just meant the Touch ID & Passcode option in the section with "Generat" at the top.... Since it doesn't show at all, I'm thinking Restrictions?

GB

Unable to change child's iPhone passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.