Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod disappears from Airplay

I have 2 HomePods. One works just fine, the other will disappear from airplay selection (while still appearing in the Home App) several times a day. I have tried to pair it with the other HomePod and it may work for a little while, but eventually it will disconnect and become non-paired. I have done the factory reset 3 times, to no avail. I have made sure it has the exact settings as the other HomePod, to no avail.

I would like a home full of music that I can turn on and off, but if this product continues to be glitchy, I may need to chose a product that is more reliable.

Does anyone know a fix?

HomePod, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2018 9:42 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2018 6:46 AM in response to Apple37777

Hi Apple37777,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. I understand correctly you're having trouble with AirPlay and your second HomePod.

If you can't use AirPlay or mirror your device's screen has some additional steps you can take when you're experiencing this issue.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Have a great day!

HomePod disappears from Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.