Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the new MacBook Air trackpad too big?

I own a retina MacBook Pro with the Touch Bar and a giant track pad. I absolutely hate these two features. I accidentally touch the tracpad with my wrists and relocate the cursor somewhere else. The Touch Bar is also very bothersome. I end up locking the computer or inadvertently pressing the escape key.

Does the new MacBook Air have the same problem with the trackpad? I am really hesitant to make the investment without trying ot out for several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Nov 13, 2018 6:12 AM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2018 7:19 AM in response to 3000ways

Many people have complained about the large size of Apple's trackpads while others love them. I think it all depends on how they rest their wrist/hand on the computer and/or how big their hands are. While I hate the keyboard of the current MBP models, the trackpad doesn't cause me any trouble. In fact, I quite like it. I think only you can answer the question by going to a store that has the MBA in stock and use it for a while. That's how I discovered that I hate the current keyboard (maybe I'll like the Air keyboard).

Is the new MacBook Air trackpad too big?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.