Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot recover my photos from Recently Deleted

I deleted 10K photos from Photos app through another app using `PHAssetChangeRequest.deleteAssets(assetsToDelete)` It took 20-30 mins to delete. The photos have been gone into the Recently Deleted folder in Albums. Then I pressed Recover All button. It didn't get any action. I tried 10-15 times and waited all night 8-10 hours. It didn't work. Now I cannot recover my photos from Recently Deleted and I have 28 days.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12.1, null

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 1:46 PM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2018 10:59 PM in response to hasankose

I noticed several times, that deleting large amounts of photos at once is causing these problems.

This happened on iOS 11. Since then I have been careful to put never more than 500 photos at once into the Recently Deleted album and then I empty it immediately, before I trash more photos. So I do not know, if the same problem still persists on iOS 12. Which system do you have installed on your iPhone 6S Plus?

Keep recovering 100 photos at once to get all your photos put back. It will be tedious, but you have still 28 days to do this.

Nov 15, 2018 8:42 AM in response to léonie

I tried with iOS 12.1 it was failed. After synced with another phone (iOS 12.0.1), I have pressed remove all and waited 1 hour. Nothing was changed. Then I've put the phone my desk at night. This morning, I checked the phone(iOS 12.0.1) and everything is recovered. For 10K photos to be recovered, it doesn't make sense to wait for a day. Anyway thank you for response. I recovered the photos but I think this is still an issue.

Cannot recover my photos from Recently Deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.