Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Try to find way to Sync my new 2018 iPad Pro on Windows PC with USB only.

Hi, all, I just got my iPad Pro 2018. Which come only with USB-C. I have a laptop PC and a Desktop PC. Both of which running on Windows 10 and DO NOT have USB-C ports. I tried a USB to USB-C cable, my PC doesn't see the iPad and it won't even charge my iPad. So I bough a USB to USB-C Adapter from Apple, think that may work. It arrived today. and again it doesn't work at all. Looked like the adapter are design for you to plug your accessories like cameras in; not your PC.

So now, I just ordered a USB-C PCI-E Card for my desktop PC. Does anyone have any luck trying to plug your new 2018 iPad Pro in a USB only Windows PC and try to sync using iTune?

Thank you very much for any help and suggestions.

iPad Pro 12.9 inch, 3rd Gen, Cellular, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 6:22 PM

6 replies

Nov 14, 2018 6:40 PM in response to cclo123

Going by the manual it says a USBc to USB adapter can be used

User uploaded file

Did you update your iTunes before you tried to sync? THe drivers to allow the computer to see the iPad are included in that update.

It is common for a computer to not charge an iPad. Most USB ports do not put out enough power to satisfy the ipad so it’s common for it to say ‘not charging’ when it’s plugged into a computer.

Nov 14, 2018 6:46 PM in response to Skydiver119

No, the PC don't even see the iPad. Usually when you plug something into your USB, windows will made a tone. I got nothing! Apparently another person with an older MAC have the same issues... Check here.. He tried all kind of cables and adapters... nothing work!

3rd Gen Ipad Pro Problem: Will NOT sync to USB ports!

Right now, I am waiting for my PCI Express USB-C Card to arrive from Amazon, so I can just plug it into my PC and see if it work.

Nov 14, 2018 7:00 PM in response to cclo123

True, there are other issues. That said, PC vs Mac are apples to oranges....or oranges to apples 🙂

Try this. Go into the settings, programs, uninstall iTunes. Also uninstall apple services and apple mobile device support. Then redownload and reinstall iTunes. This will force the drivers to reinstall.

May not be the issue. I don’t have a pro to test it with, but in the past windows sometimes has a bad habit of only thinking it updates the drivers when it really doesn’t.

That said, maybe there is a larger issue. Wouldn’t be the first time that ‘how it should work’ may not be ‘how it really works’

There are USBa - USBc cables and one of those may work. If you do get one, go for a more brand name one, by that I mean Targus, Belkin, Kensington....who I consider to be the more reputable makers of third party accessories.

Nov 14, 2018 7:07 PM in response to Skydiver119

I already tried reinstall iTune. I got an Windows Laptop and PC, both have the same problem. Right now, I don't have anymore money to waste trying all different cables. I already bough a Apple USB to USB-C adapter which I already tried it is useless. Lucky I can return that.

I wait for Amazon PCI-E USB-C Card for my desktop PC and try. That is $60. I am pretty sure it isn't my iTune software issue. As I already said, Windows doesn't even see it when I plug it in. It doesn't even detect, if it is a driver issues, it should still give me a DING and then asking me for a driver. My Device Manager in Windows doesn't even see it.

Nov 14, 2018 7:12 PM in response to cclo123

It doesn’t always ding. I have experienced with my iPad and windows iTunes the computer not seeing the iPad. I would fix it by uninstalling iTunes and the other two items mentioned. THe wrong driver makes the computer blind to the ipad.

That said, do what you need to do, or perhaps some further googling may give you a better idea, or someone else can give you more specific suggestions. As you pointed out you’re not the only one experiencing the issue so as more and more of these devices get out there, there will be more and more people troubleshooting the issue. Someone will find the silver bullet.

I totally understand your frustration. I”m contemplating a new iPad and this whole cable issue guarantees I won’t go for a pro.

Best of luck getting it resolved.

Nov 14, 2018 7:16 PM in response to Skydiver119

Thanks for the help. Yes, I already tried uninstall iTune and all the Apple Drivers I can see. But still no GO. In Device Manager if it is a driver issues, it should say unknown device plugged in. But I didn't get any of that. Anyway, I will update my post once I get my PCI-Express USB-C add on card for my PC.

Thanks again.

Try to find way to Sync my new 2018 iPad Pro on Windows PC with USB only.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.