Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I ditch 2017 Macbook Pro for 2017 Macbook Air?

I'm finding myself in a bit of a crisis as my 2017 13inch pro with 256gb SSD that is now 14 months old is running into intermittent keyboard problems that are very annoying and as I've seen around the web are widespread. I use my laptop for school and watching Netflix pretty much. I love MacOS but I hate this keyboard and I can't take owning such an expensive device with a crappy keyboard anymore. I want the old style keyboard that was reliable back! Unfortunately the only macbook left with that keyboard is the Mid 2017 air which is very similar to the early 205 air. I know I'd be sacrificing kaby lake for broadwell and the retina display but I want a macbook thats reliable again. I'm debating getting my keyboard replaced on my pro and then selling or trading it in for a mid 2017 air, does this seem like a good idea? To people who have the mid 2017 air, is it a good laptop?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3)

Posted on Nov 14, 2018 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 6:22 PM

Why not take advantage of this program:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Should I ditch 2017 Macbook Pro for 2017 Macbook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.