Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos gone

my son got a new iPad and set it up with my Apple ID. He deleted all the photos on the new iPad that appeared because of the Apple ID. His sister then permanently deleted the photos. They didn’t realize this would totally erase all the photos from iCloud. How can I get them back? I have tried to recover them using the app on my pc but there are not there to recover.

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 1:42 AM

As you said... it's a problem related to the same Apple ID 's usage.

That's not a good practice, unless ALL the devices are being used by the same person.

I strongly suggest that you use Family Sharing in such a situation.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Coming back to your photos, if you have a backup made to iTunes (on a computer) or if you imported pictures on a computer BEFORE your sons deleted those pictures, you can restore everything from that backup or move them back to your iPhone. Shouldn't be this case, those pictures are gone, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 1:42 AM in response to nfromwilmslow

As you said... it's a problem related to the same Apple ID 's usage.

That's not a good practice, unless ALL the devices are being used by the same person.

I strongly suggest that you use Family Sharing in such a situation.

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Coming back to your photos, if you have a backup made to iTunes (on a computer) or if you imported pictures on a computer BEFORE your sons deleted those pictures, you can restore everything from that backup or move them back to your iPhone. Shouldn't be this case, those pictures are gone, sorry.

Regards

Giulio

Photos gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.