Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vanishing printers

Twice in last months since Mojave has come out. all of my printers vanished , so I have to shut down & reboot my iMac. what gives is it a bug.

PS none of my other machines have had this problem.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 8:38 AM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2018 12:42 PM in response to Murray Cater

The next time the printers go away try just relaunching the Finder and see if that will bring them back.

Also, log into another user account on your Mac and run for a while to see if the problem persists there.

If it doesn't log back into your account, download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool that was developed by one of the most respected users here in the ASC and recommended by Apple Support to provide a snapshot of the system and help identify the more obvious culprits that can adversely affect a Mac's performance.

Nov 27, 2018 4:24 PM in response to Murray Cater

I have had the same issue for over a year now. It doesn’t matter which os I’ve been using at the time either. Each time I shut down or restart my Mac, it loses all printers.

I’m a graphic artist and have 5 printers to set up each day before I can begin work. It’s become a very frustrating daily routine for me. Reset printing system, add each printer, set up each printers settings.... surely someone has a fix? I’ve done absolutely everything suggested by apple plus more and nothing works. Not even a short term fix.

Vanishing printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.