Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text editing parameters missing in FCPX for transition template

Hi, I have a quick question about transition templates in FCPX. Some of the transition designs for the project I'm working on at the moment have a text/title component. In FCPX, there is no text editing tab/panel available to adjust text. I know I can publish the text parameters directly, but I am wondering if I am missing anything here to make the text editing features active as normal in the FCPX inspector. Text in the transition templates is checked as 'editable in FCPX etc.

Is the missing text edit panel for transitions as feature or a bug?

Thanks.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12), 8gig ram, amd R9 M390, core 1%

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 5:46 PM

I won't call it a feature or a bug — it's just the way it is. If you have text in a transition, then you will need to publish all of the features/parameters you will need access to.

I also recommend that you publish the Text ("box") as well (just in case you've designed some interaction with the text).

User uploaded file

The only access to the Publish option is to mouse over the Text box label line and trigger the dropdown menu from the "caret" (as shown).

HTH

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 15, 2018 5:46 PM in response to rowie302

I won't call it a feature or a bug — it's just the way it is. If you have text in a transition, then you will need to publish all of the features/parameters you will need access to.

I also recommend that you publish the Text ("box") as well (just in case you've designed some interaction with the text).

User uploaded file

The only access to the Publish option is to mouse over the Text box label line and trigger the dropdown menu from the "caret" (as shown).

HTH

Text editing parameters missing in FCPX for transition template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.