Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does pending mean in my purchase history?

I purchased 2 items, each from an in app purchase in different games on my iPad, neither have shown up. The full payment for one has has come out of my account. There are plenty of funds for the other. Both say pending in my purchases list. Why?

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 10:07 AM

I think you are misunderstanding definitions of "pending".

Debsparkles wrote:

There are plenty of funds for the other. Both say pending in my purchases list. Why?

This has not to do with funds available- they are not questioning if funds are available:

Here is a definition directly from a bank as to what pending means:

"How do pending transactions affect my account balance?

Pending transactions let you know how much money is slated to be withdrawn from your account and may or may not be reflected in your available account balance. You can double-check by adding up the pending transactions to verify there's enough money in your account to cover them. "

Also remember that purchase can take 1-3 days (sometimes more) to clear it with bank.

Pending means it has not been charged to your bank account yet.

From Apple Website:

User uploaded file

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

I hope this explains it so you can understand 😉

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 16, 2018 10:07 AM in response to Debsparkles

I think you are misunderstanding definitions of "pending".

Debsparkles wrote:

There are plenty of funds for the other. Both say pending in my purchases list. Why?

This has not to do with funds available- they are not questioning if funds are available:

Here is a definition directly from a bank as to what pending means:

"How do pending transactions affect my account balance?

Pending transactions let you know how much money is slated to be withdrawn from your account and may or may not be reflected in your available account balance. You can double-check by adding up the pending transactions to verify there's enough money in your account to cover them. "

Also remember that purchase can take 1-3 days (sometimes more) to clear it with bank.

Pending means it has not been charged to your bank account yet.

From Apple Website:

User uploaded file

See your purchase history in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

I hope this explains it so you can understand 😉

Nov 18, 2018 8:12 PM in response to Cåts

Thanks for trying, that sounds logical, except the money had already come out of my account for one “pending” item! I’ve worked out why that purchase isn’t quite working but really don’t think it should be pending. And there was no reason I could see that other hadn’t come out. Adding up everything, there’s nothing stopping the money coming out. *frustrated sigh*

What does pending mean in my purchase history?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.