Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find the ‘recently deleted folder’ on my iphone

So I was deleting some photos and i accidentally deleted something important when i went to the album section and i tried to find the ‘recently deleted folder’ but I couldn’t it wasn’t there

Posted on Nov 15, 2018 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 8:47 AM

Good morning Amirthekiwi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you accidentally deleted a photo from your iPhone and are trying to recover it. With iOS 12.1, the Recently Deleted album should be listed in blue letters at the bottom of the Albums list. It is in a section called "Other Albums" and includes Imports, Hidden, and Recently Deleted.
Check to make sure the photo is not in the "Hidden" album as well.
Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get your photos back

If you accidentally delete a photo, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album. When you recover photos and videos, they go back into your All Photos album.

1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Open the Recently Deleted album and tap Select.
  3. Tap each photo or video that you want to keep.
  4. Tap Recover and confirm that you want to recover the photos.

If you're missing a photo or video, you can try these steps to find it.

Do you have iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone? If you do, you can use any computer to access the www.icloud.com website and retrieve the photo from the Recently Deleted folder as well.
Set up and use iCloud Photos
Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2018 8:47 AM in response to Amirthekiwi

Good morning Amirthekiwi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you accidentally deleted a photo from your iPhone and are trying to recover it. With iOS 12.1, the Recently Deleted album should be listed in blue letters at the bottom of the Albums list. It is in a section called "Other Albums" and includes Imports, Hidden, and Recently Deleted.
Check to make sure the photo is not in the "Hidden" album as well.
Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Get your photos back

If you accidentally delete a photo, you have 30 days to get it back from your Recently Deleted album. When you recover photos and videos, they go back into your All Photos album.

1. Open the Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
  2. Open the Recently Deleted album and tap Select.
  3. Tap each photo or video that you want to keep.
  4. Tap Recover and confirm that you want to recover the photos.

If you're missing a photo or video, you can try these steps to find it.

Do you have iCloud Photos enabled on your iPhone? If you do, you can use any computer to access the www.icloud.com website and retrieve the photo from the Recently Deleted folder as well.
Set up and use iCloud Photos
Take care.

Can’t find the ‘recently deleted folder’ on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.