Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pan at centers cancels volume.

Everything was working fine and then all of sudden all my tracks went silent except for the ones that were panned to anything other than 0. When I move the pan to the left or the right of center the volume increase. If the pan is at 0 that channel is mute. This affects all tracks, old ones, new ones, midi, guitars, all tracks except midi drum. I have checked all the settings and can't see anything different between midi drums and midi bass. I have restarted program and computer.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Nov 16, 2018 2:10 AM

11 replies

Nov 16, 2018 6:12 AM in response to Eriksimon

Eriksimon, thank you for your reply, the music from other apps does sound normal. I have tried restarting the program and I have restarted my computer. I have checked all my cables and they are fine as well. If I rotate the pan knob on any track so that it's not on 0 (dead center) I can hear the track, if I set the pan knob to even -1 or +1 I can hear the track and the more I turn the knob the louder the track gets. The other strange thing is that it no longer pans the sound it just makes it louder. It's like the pan knob works as a volume knob and center is 0. This all came about very suddenly one minuet it was fine the next it wasn't. I don't know if I accidentally changed a default parameter that changed the function of the pan knob.

Pan at centers cancels volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.