Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take my iPod 4th generation out of recovery mode

I tried charging my iPod since it was dead I noticed it was taking a while to charge, it has happened before when it dies it'll cut on and off by itself until it get some charge in it. A long time ago I had dropped it on the grown when I was in a parking lot it didn't change it's behavior the only damage is the screen cracked I'm thinking that's when my power button was stuck. Should I restore it on my laptop since my power button is stuck?

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 2:47 PM

The charging isn't the problem, the problem is it's stuck in recovery mode, my power button is stuck also so I can't switch it off. My question is, if I restore it on my laptop will that take it off recovery mode?

3 replies

Nov 18, 2018 9:19 AM in response to deja65

Hi deja65,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities, it's great to have you here. If I understand correctly you're noticing that it takes a while for your iPod to charge.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't charge is a helpful article that has some troubleshooting steps to take when your devices charges slowly.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Have a great day!

Nov 19, 2018 6:24 AM in response to deja65

deja65,

Thank you for providing that additional information.

You can use iTunes to try and restore your iPod. The following article will help walk you through that process.
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You mentioned that your power button is stuck and this step may require you to press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons at the same time to complete that step.

I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards.

How do I take my iPod 4th generation out of recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.