Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log in to Apple ID on Mac.

As said I am unable to log in to my Apple ID account on iMessage and FaceTime. This is happening only after the change in Apple id . It says "An error occurred during activation . Try Again . " Please help me out with this.

[Email Edited by Host]

iMac, iOS 12.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 11:45 AM

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2018 11:45 AM in response to atharvavip863

Message activation error

Have someone else attempt to sign in using their Apple ID. If they can successfully sign in and use Messages/FaceTime, it may be your Apple ID.Someone I know had this happen and I was able to sign in usingmy Apple ID. After a call to Apple Support and then being elevated to a tier 2 support person, it turned out it was a problem with their Apple ID. It took the software engineers 3-4 days to fix the problem. When calling Apple, make sure you tell them it is an Apple ID problem so you don't get charged.

You can also try signing in on another device/computer. There have been a couple of posts where people's device/computer was blocked. You will need to contact Apple for that problem also.

There is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Nov 18, 2018 11:19 AM in response to atharvavip863

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, atharvavip863!

I understand you've been trying to sign in to your Apple ID, but are unable to due to receiving an error. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you out.

Use the following article to troubleshoot: If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac
I hope this information guides you to a resolution.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Unable to log in to Apple ID on Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.