Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Mail app on Apple Watch 4

Do not have Mail on my new Apple Watch Series 4. In Notifications no Mail

iPhone 8, iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 1:28 PM

Solved the mystery, when you mentioned tap Mail on my iPhone. Mail was not checked in settings, do not use Mail. Checked the Mail box in settings; Mail appeared on my Apple Watch 4.

Thank you for taking time to respond; the notification information was helpful.

3 replies

Nov 18, 2018 1:22 PM in response to CocoandLincoln

Hi CocoandLincoln,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not able to access Mail on your Apple Watch.

To double-check, is your email account set up on your iPhone already? If not, the first step I recommend is checking out this link: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your email is already set up, I next recommend taking a look at your Apple Watch settings. On your iPhone, tap Watch > Mail. Do you have "Mirror my iPhone" or "Custom" set here? The "Mirror my iPhone" option should match the Mail notifications on your iPhone.

There's another point to consider regarding Notifications on your Apple Watch :

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

User uploaded file

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

User uploaded file

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Does the above apply to your situation?

To look at this from another angle, I note you mentioned you may not have a Mail app at all on your Apple Watch. Is that correct? Are you using an Apple Watch face that supports the Mail complication? You can check the supported features for your chosen Watch face here: Apple Watch faces and their features .

I hope this is helpful in getting started.

Take care.

No Mail app on Apple Watch 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.