Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Screen Shadows / Shades

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone have noticed if there is a shadow on their iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max screen.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

It only happens when the screen is turned to the lowest brightness level, with the default wallpaper, and your surrounding is very dark (at night, in your own room with the lights turned off).

You need the below wall paper to replicate your problem:

User uploaded file

I am pretty sure this is not the problem with a particular iPhone XS screen. I purchased my first iPhone XS in October, and it had a problem. The genius bar swapped one for me, which still had the same issue. Then they replaced the screen, still same issue.

Then I considered if iPhone XS Max will not have the issue, so I bought a new iPhone XS Max. But it still had the same issue. Then I bought a iPhone XS again, still the same. My girlfriend's new iPhone XS has the same issue as well.

I am not sure if this is software or hardware problem. I just wish that Apple notice this issue and solve it in the near future.

iPhone XS, iOS 12.1, Screen

Posted on Nov 18, 2018 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2018 1:00 PM

On my iPhone XS Max, gradients and dark colors are not shown correctly. It looks like cut off in comparison with an iPhone X. In some apps and even on the homescreen you could see this.

User uploaded file

4 replies

iPhone XS Screen Shadows / Shades

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.