Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access DCIM file on Mac

Hi, I'm a new mac user. I'm used to windows, where I can access my iphone DCIM folders to move my photos to external hard drive. So, the folders have name 100APPLE, 101APPLE, etc. I believe it's very organized compared to what I can do in ma. I want to do that again using my mac. Is that possible?

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), iOS 12.1

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2018 3:35 PM

defyingthegravity wrote:

This is what I can see on my pc, but I can't see this on my mac

User uploaded file

You cannot access that on a Mac.

The way to get the photos off of an iPhone is to use the Photos App or the Image Capture App.

Image Capture lets you store them in a folder in your Mac. Photos will automatically add them to its own library, and you would need to export them from there to a folder on your Mac.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2018 3:35 PM in response to defyingthegravity

defyingthegravity wrote:

This is what I can see on my pc, but I can't see this on my mac

User uploaded file

You cannot access that on a Mac.

The way to get the photos off of an iPhone is to use the Photos App or the Image Capture App.

Image Capture lets you store them in a folder in your Mac. Photos will automatically add them to its own library, and you would need to export them from there to a folder on your Mac.

How can I access DCIM file on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.