Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Will Not Wake From Sleep

This seems to be a common issue with the latest MacBook Pros, I don't know if it's the OS or the hardware, but for years there have been issues with them not waking from sleep. It doesn't happen all the time and been an inconvenience I can live with.

However this most recent issue appears to be with Mojave. Since the upgrade to Mojave it seems to be about 85% of the time. When the laptop goes to sleep and you open the lid the computer will not wake. Pressing the power button does nothing, the only way to resolve the issue is to hold the power button and hard restart the computer.

I'm having this issue, as well as a co-worker, and another family member so I know it's not just related to my system. I also know Apple is notorious for denying there's a problem until its so massive and inescapable, and then they issue they issue a statement acknowledging the problem on the heels of the next update.

I'm an IT professional working in the field for years, and I know a bug when I see one. I'm not expecting any solutions from this post. I'm just throwing another voice into the fray in hopes Apple will respond with a fix soon.

Ver. 10.14.1

MBPr 13-inch Early 2015

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), null

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2018 10:58 AM

After trying many solutions in the end what worked for me was disabling "Power Nap". For those interested that's in System Preferences > Energy Saver and then untick "Enable Power Nap...".

It's a shame because I'd like to get advanced functionality from Power Nap, but if the choice is that, or restarting my computer after every use, I'll skip the Power Nap.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 13, 2018 10:58 AM in response to SET0TITAN

After trying many solutions in the end what worked for me was disabling "Power Nap". For those interested that's in System Preferences > Energy Saver and then untick "Enable Power Nap...".

It's a shame because I'd like to get advanced functionality from Power Nap, but if the choice is that, or restarting my computer after every use, I'll skip the Power Nap.

MacBook Pro Will Not Wake From Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.