Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - Monterey 12.1 Fails to wake from sleep

I upgraded to 12.1 last week and since then if I leave it to go to sleep by closing it then pick it up more than a few hours later the battery is flat and it will not come out of sleep. I can take 15 minutes of messing around re-starting it, clearing the NVRAM etc

This has only happened since the upgrade and the computer was working fine until I did the upgrade. It is about 18 months old.

If I just close the lid and return a few minutes later it is ok.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 11:31 PM

cowasaki_darren Said:

"MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - Monterey 12.1 Fails to wake from sleep: I upgraded to 12.1 last week and since then if I leave it to go to sleep by closing it then pick it up more than a few hours later the battery is flat and it will not come out of sleep.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 11:31 PM in response to cowasaki_darren

cowasaki_darren Said:

"MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - Monterey 12.1 Fails to wake from sleep: I upgraded to 12.1 last week and since then if I leave it to go to sleep by closing it then pick it up more than a few hours later the battery is flat and it will not come out of sleep.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 - Monterey 12.1 Fails to wake from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.