Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why I can not send e mail from iMovie after upgrade to Mojave?

Why I can not send by e-mail of my iMovie projects after the upgrade Mojave?

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 7:58 AM

7 replies

Nov 20, 2018 9:18 AM in response to sinanfromi̇stanbul

Hi,

I just successfully emailed to myself a project from within iMovie 10, using the share button and selecting Email as the share method. If you are not able to do that, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if you can email your projects.

In case that your issue is confined to only one project, try emailing out other projects and see if the problem persists.

It might also be that your project is too large for your email provider to send.

Also, if you have not done so already, update your iMovie app to current iMovie 10.1.10.

-- Rich

Nov 21, 2018 8:19 AM in response to sinanfromi̇stanbul

You can open Mail preferences and check through to see if everything is in order. Does it show Mail as your default mail service?

Do the other share options work, such as sharing as a File? Does your email work fine outside of iMovie?

Assuming that you have tried my earlier suggestions without success, you can try opening iMovie in a new user account, such as the Guest account on your Mac, and see if you can email a project from there. Another thing you can try is to boot up in Safe Mode (see Help menu) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. See if that helps.

-- Rich

Why I can not send e mail from iMovie after upgrade to Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.