Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop

The Desktop Folder in Finder on my I-Mac (High Sierra 10.13.6) (Mid 2011)appears two (2) times; the secondary is from my Laptop Mac-book Pro ( Mojave 10.14.1)(Early 2013). Is there a conflict that causes this. Before installing Mojave on the Mac-Book Pro the two Desk Top screeds remained identical and there was only one Folder in Finder.

If I have a spreadsheet or other document on the Mack-Book Pro and attempt to update it on the I-Mac, I get a drop-down that wants me to keep it in I-Cloud or Delete it; this interrupts what ever I am attempting to update.

I have deleted everything from the desktop of the Mac-Book Pro and the folder is empty.

Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 6:33 PM

Check in the Finder Preferences, under Sidebar then iCloud and check if the Desktop is marked, if it is then you will have that Desktop sync to the other Mac with your same iCloud. If you want to avoid this un-check the Desktop in the Finder Preferences, that way you will have the Desktop from both machines separated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2018 6:33 PM in response to sama81

Check in the Finder Preferences, under Sidebar then iCloud and check if the Desktop is marked, if it is then you will have that Desktop sync to the other Mac with your same iCloud. If you want to avoid this un-check the Desktop in the Finder Preferences, that way you will have the Desktop from both machines separated.

Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.