Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages not saving, and not giving permissions to save new files

My Pages app is not saving new documents, and sometimes (not every time) gives a "no permissions" dialog. The spinning beach-ball of death is a constant companion to this game. The only fix is to delete the file or force quit Pages. I have re-installed Pages (several times, from the App store and my own backups), re-installed the OS (I'm on High Sierra 10:13:6) and opened and restarted the machine in all manner of modes, (safe, recover, etc) with no joy. I can edit old documents and save these (at present) but I cannot run a business only by remaking old files.. Any fixes? Customer support was very helpful, but did not solve the problem

HH

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Nov 20, 2018 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2018 10:09 AM

One Pages crashes, or you force quit it, you will have problems opening files afterward. Quit Pages, and then (once) press and hold the shift-key while relaunching it. Now, unless there is some other deeper problem, normal file opening should occur.

Similar questions

2 replies

Pages not saving, and not giving permissions to save new files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.