Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave

When my MacBookPro 2016 wakes up from sleep it sometimes totally freezes - including colored ball - for about 30 seconds. Then it wakes up and is responsive to touch ID. This didn't use to happen, it started after the update with Mojave. It is becoming more frequent. During this time it is totally unresponsive. I have several programmes open incl. Parallels and a Windows 10 VM. Anyone else had this?

macbook pro

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 3:11 PM

Hey atschi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're having some trouble waking your Mac from a sleep state, and I wanted to send you a few preliminary things you can try. There's a great article with all the troubleshooting steps you should try, including contacting Apple Support if none of the other steps work. You can check that out here: If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

I hope that helps you get to the bottom of the issues you're having.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2018 3:11 PM in response to atschi

Hey atschi,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I understand you're having some trouble waking your Mac from a sleep state, and I wanted to send you a few preliminary things you can try. There's a great article with all the troubleshooting steps you should try, including contacting Apple Support if none of the other steps work. You can check that out here: If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple Support

I hope that helps you get to the bottom of the issues you're having.

Cheers!

Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.