Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing malware like flash player virus

since upgrading my macbook pro to 10.12.6 last year, I have had some kind of malware that opens new tabs in my chrome browser, sometimes amazon, sometimes a tab that says flash player is out of date, or that I have a virus. PLEASE help me eradicate this most annoying problem! THX.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Nov 22, 2018 7:54 AM in response to johnfromnauvoo

If the above doesn't work, try running this program in your normal user account, then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy Report” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. You can run the report for free at least once, but if you run it several times, at some point it will ask you to pay a license fee.

Etrecheck – System Information 10.10 and later

removing malware like flash player virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.