Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless mouse/keyboard randomly disconnect

I've had my iMac for about 3 years now. Recently it has started randomly disconnecting from my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Sometimes it disconnects for a few seconds and reconnects on its own. Sometimes it won't reconnect and I have to press the power button to restart it. Sometimes it happens while the system is sleeping. In this case sometimes manually pressing and releasing the power button to wake up the system seems to cause it to reconnect, but other times it is still disconnected. I haven't noticed any pattern at all. I don't recall doing anything that would have caused this to start happening when it's been working just fine for years. My daughter uses the iMac while teaching voice lessons and today it disconnected on her and she couldn't use the iMac at all. It's becoming very frustrating. Any ideas?

Also, possibly unrelated, but my blogger doesn't work properly - when I try to create a new post it goes into an indefinite reloop. When I access the blog from my Windows laptop there are no issues, so it doesn't seem to be a domain or site issue.

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 9:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2018 10:11 PM

The following will require a wired keyboard and mouse, if you don't have them then please borrow or purchase your own.

1. System Preferences
  2. Un-Pair wireless keyboard and mouse
  3. Turn off Bluetooth
  4. Restart Computer in Safe Mode per Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
  5. Restart Computer normally
  6. System Preferences
  7. Turn On Bluetooth
  8. Re-pair keyboard and mouse.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2018 10:11 PM in response to tammyisblessed

The following will require a wired keyboard and mouse, if you don't have them then please borrow or purchase your own.

1. System Preferences
  2. Un-Pair wireless keyboard and mouse
  3. Turn off Bluetooth
  4. Restart Computer in Safe Mode per Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support
  5. Restart Computer normally
  6. System Preferences
  7. Turn On Bluetooth
  8. Re-pair keyboard and mouse.

Wireless mouse/keyboard randomly disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.