Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume control not working from lock screen

Greetings,

New iPhone XR, 12.1 iOS. My volume control won’t work from the lock screen. Side buttons, lock screen slider and headphone buttons won’t adjust sound. The sound slider does move but the sound doesn’t change. My Apple Watch dial also won’t adjust the sound. Once I unlock the screen, side buttons, headphone and watch adjust the sound just fine.

Had the same issue on my iPhone 7 and was hoping it would just go away when I updated my phone. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 5:03 PM

Don’t sent to me

发自我的 iPhone

在 2018年11月22日,下午10:23,Apple Support Communities <discussions-updates@apple.com> 写道:

Apple Support Communities

miskeecare has posted in the Using iPhone community.

try reset all settings bc it looks like an bug moved from 7 to xr via backup

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

This message was sent to you from an email address that does not accept incoming messages.

Any replies to this message will not be read. If you have questions, please visit support.apple.com/contact.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2018 5:03 PM in response to miskeecare

Don’t sent to me

发自我的 iPhone

在 2018年11月22日,下午10:23,Apple Support Communities <discussions-updates@apple.com> 写道:

Apple Support Communities

miskeecare has posted in the Using iPhone community.

try reset all settings bc it looks like an bug moved from 7 to xr via backup

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way, Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

This message was sent to you from an email address that does not accept incoming messages.

Any replies to this message will not be read. If you have questions, please visit support.apple.com/contact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.