Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Failed Passcode Attempts disable (and maybe restart) iPhone Activation Lock?

Here are all the details.

After 2-3 years of not using my old iPhone 4s (which my dad gave to me as a gift back on 2012), I decided to use it again for nostalgia and the sincere love and attachment to it growing up.

It still works perfectly, as all of my very old files, contacts, and even text messages in it were still saved. It may act slow some times, but beyond that it still works perfectly nonetheless.

So far, I've only changed the phone number/sim in it, and I managed to backup all of my files and data.

Here's where the problem comes in.

Due to a rushed trip, I forgot to bring its charger and as its battery eventually drained. As I found a way to recharge it, I discovered it in this "iPhone Activation Lock" mode. It connected to the WiFi, but it won't let me sign in with my new/main Apple ID account. I forgot about everything concerning the icloud account it requires me to sign in to. Even the name of the account.

So, can the failed passcode attempts somehow disable the iPhone Activation Lock and restart/reboot the iPhone somehow? Yes, i am aware that it will delete every content of file in it, but I have no problem with it, as I already backed them up. I just really want to use that phone properly again.

I sincerely thank you for your time reading this and suggesting solutions. Have a good day. Thanks again.

iPhone 4S, iOS 10, Not sure which specific IOS 10

Posted on Nov 22, 2018 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

1 reply

Can Failed Passcode Attempts disable (and maybe restart) iPhone Activation Lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.