Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not assign applications to your account

I'm trying to accept apps into my account and I get this error. I changed my ID. I've logged out of everything and logged back in. I have a brand new MacBook Air and I can't update any apps without getting an error. Any ideas?

Thanks,

sao_02906

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018), OS 10.14.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 3:37 PM

Same here,

I have a brand new MacBook Pro and I can't update iMovie, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and GarageBand.

I'm using the same Apple ID since my first MacBook in 2010...User uploaded file

User uploaded file

6 replies

Nov 24, 2018 9:45 AM in response to sao_02906

This message is basically directly related to the payment method that is linked to your Apple ID. This message will appear if you have an unpaid balance on your account or the payment method itself is invalid (for any reason).

To stop these message, you will need to update your payment method. You can either provide a valid payment method or choose "none" to not associate any payment details with your Apple ID. However, you will not be able to choose "none" if there is a payment due or you have enabled Family Sharing on your device.

Nov 26, 2018 4:21 PM in response to benoitdupont

That happened to me when I got my latest computer. Call Apple Support. After explaining my problem, I was transferred to a level 2 support person who got me download codes for the applications. I then went to the App Store and at the top right entered the codes under redeem. I was able to download the applications using my Apple ID.

Apple Support Contact

Work through the screens to get an email or chat option.

Apple Support by e-mail or chat

Could not assign applications to your account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.