Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to export photos on my imac to a usb flash drive so I can use them in a digital frame.

how do I export photos from my imac to a usb flash drive so that I can use it in a digital frame?

iMac, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 2:49 PM

Does the digital frame take a flash drive or a memory card? Mine takes a memory card. It is formatted FAT32 so it only can hold a limited number of files in its root directory. Therefore, I put all of the image files, cropped to the digital frame's pixel size ratio, in a folder and then added the folder to the memory card.

If you use a flash drive and it's formatted FAT 32, you might want to do the same to get more image files on the drive.

If, for example, you digital frame screen has a pixel size of 1024 wide x 768 high crop the Photos to a size ratio of 1:1.33. Then export the Photos to a folder on the desktop like this:

User uploaded file

This is for landscape images.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2018 2:49 PM in response to rbaity

Does the digital frame take a flash drive or a memory card? Mine takes a memory card. It is formatted FAT32 so it only can hold a limited number of files in its root directory. Therefore, I put all of the image files, cropped to the digital frame's pixel size ratio, in a folder and then added the folder to the memory card.

If you use a flash drive and it's formatted FAT 32, you might want to do the same to get more image files on the drive.

If, for example, you digital frame screen has a pixel size of 1024 wide x 768 high crop the Photos to a size ratio of 1:1.33. Then export the Photos to a folder on the desktop like this:

User uploaded file

This is for landscape images.

User uploaded file

I want to export photos on my imac to a usb flash drive so I can use them in a digital frame.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.