Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"allow your apple watch to unlock your MAC" not showing up after turning on two step authentication

I spent around half an hour to try to enable the option "Unlock MacBook with apple watch".

I tried everything according to the instruction How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

But this option called "Allow your Apple Watch to unlock your Mac" doesn't appear on the screen at all.

There is a similar issue "allow your apple watch to unlock your MAC" not showing up after turning off two step authentication

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 3:12 AM

Finally, I solve the issue

1. Apple watch should be connected to WiFi (On the apple watch Settings -> WiFi -> connect to the network)

2. Macbook should be connected to the same WiFi network as Apple Watch

3. Profit - option appears on the screen!

PS. Apple plz add those steps to the guide How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

there is no information about that.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2018 3:12 AM in response to dmytro139

Finally, I solve the issue

1. Apple watch should be connected to WiFi (On the apple watch Settings -> WiFi -> connect to the network)

2. Macbook should be connected to the same WiFi network as Apple Watch

3. Profit - option appears on the screen!

PS. Apple plz add those steps to the guide How to unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

there is no information about that.

"allow your apple watch to unlock your MAC" not showing up after turning on two step authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.