Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XS Max extreme overnight battery drain

A few things in advance:

I have my phone since the 15th of October

iOS 12.1

I never charge overnight

Background app refresh is always off

Usually have Do Not Disturb on

Wifi was off

Okay so this was the first time it happened; never had this problem before nor did I see anyone else with this problem while searching on google.

When I went to sleep last night my battery percentage was between 50% and 40%. This morning I woke up to a dead phone. I was quite shocked as I tend to keep my phone between 30% and 80% and I also never seen such massive standby battery drain before. Also, I said ‘usually’ have Do Not Disturb on is because when the phone turned on, it was off. So I might‘ve turned it off by mistake which might have caused the issue? (I actually never ever turn it off)

When I looked into my battery and screen time I got a little bit confused. I have no idea what’s going on there, instead of giving me answers it just gave me even more questions. (Screenshots attached)

Does anyone know what happened? I would like to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Thank you!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on Nov 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Nov 30, 2018 10:57 AM in response to xoAsya

I am having the exact same problem. And it started around the same time. I'll go to bed with like 50-60% on my XS MAX and wake up and there is often less than 5% or it's dead. I have background app refresh off, and all the tips and tricks, but it still drains. I have an 8+ work phone that I don't use as much but i use it quite often, and i tested overnight in standby when both phones had ~50%. The XSMAX had 5% left and the 8+ had 44% left. Obviously there is a problem. I think there might be a defective batch. I'm considering taking it back to Apple since the phone is just a month or two old.

iPhone XS Max extreme overnight battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.