Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thoughtless HomeKit update for the short-sighted & visually impaired

I have just updated to iOS12 and now my HomeKit temperature readings have a decimal point - this makes the font size on what is already a very small vignette even smaller... and anyway the temperature accuracy is not improved much as it only shows to the nearest half a degree. This is very thoughtless for those who struggle with small print; for me, HomeKit is now totally useless. At least there should be an option to round up to a whole number to get back to the iOS11 display... even better would be simply to make the vignette larger, there's plenty of real estate on these buttons. Press-and-hold the button and a slightly larger version of the temperature reading is displayed, but it's still tiny and surrounded by a great sea of nothing. I cannot understand Apple's design ideas on this, and why they have made this app even more difficult for the visually impaired.

Nick

[Personal Information Edited by Host]

iPhone 5c, iOS 12, null

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 3:07 AM

1 reply

Thoughtless HomeKit update for the short-sighted & visually impaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.