Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new weather app design

Does anyone know what the colored bars are supposed to indicate on Apple’s redesigned weather app? I've read through descriptions on several websites, but they all brush over this aspect to focus on the flashier new features.

I get that the different colors represent different temps (blue = cool, yellow = warmer, etc.), and that the dot on the current day indicates the current temp. But what do the varying lengths and positions of the colored bars indicate? Usually Apple makes thing pretty intuitive, but I can't figure this out.

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2021 5:28 PM

The lowest low temperature in the 10 days in your example above is Saturday at 31º.

That is the base point for the left end of the bars. The highest is 68º, which sets the base for the right side. Left=low temp, right=high temp.

The colored portions for each day represent the temperature range for that day relative to the 10 day low and high temps.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2021 5:28 PM in response to nkfarlow

The lowest low temperature in the 10 days in your example above is Saturday at 31º.

That is the base point for the left end of the bars. The highest is 68º, which sets the base for the right side. Left=low temp, right=high temp.

The colored portions for each day represent the temperature range for that day relative to the 10 day low and high temps.

new weather app design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.