Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Find My iPhone” notifications?

Hello. I gave my girlfriend my username and password so she could use Find My iPhone to track me just in case something happens to me — she’s a worrier. We made a deal: she has to text me first; if I don’t respond after a few texts, she can track me. I’m okay with that. But is there a way for me to get a notification when she looks for me? I’d like to know if she’s worrying too much and looking for me when I’m unaware. Thank you.

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 3:08 PM

7 replies

Nov 25, 2018 7:40 PM in response to sa25

Does she have an iPhone? If so, why don't you use Find My Friends instead? You won't need to give her your Apple ID and, you'll have the ability to turn on or off her ability to track you.

If you don't believe you can trust her to abide by the terms of your agreement, you shouldn't be sharing your Apple ID credentials anyway. It sounds very much to me as if you have trust issues in your relationship that are not going to be solved by technology.

Nov 25, 2018 7:42 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

If you don't believe you can trust her not to abide by the terms of your agreement, you shouldn't be sharing your Apple ID credentials anyway. It sounds very much to me as if you have trust issues in your relationship that are not going to be solved by technology.

Something similar that I wanted to say but did not, I am glad you said it.🙂

Nov 25, 2018 7:45 PM in response to fyip

fyip wrote:

If you don't believe you can trust her not to abide by the terms of your agreement, you shouldn't be sharing your Apple ID credentials anyway. It sounds very much to me as if you have trust issues in your relationship that are not going to be solved by technology.

Something similar that I wanted to say but did not, I am glad you said it.🙂

Hopefully, you won't be the only one to appreciate it.

Nov 26, 2018 8:36 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks. I understand now that notifications are not an option.

I wasn’t sure whether I should mention this: But it seems extremely inappropriate for you to offer your opinion about my relationship, especially on a forum for Apple technical issues. But I’ll let that go. It seems pretty common these days for people to cross lines in conversations online in ways they’d never do face-to-face. I suppose I need to accept that this is just what people do nowadays. I’m sure you’re a smart guy and help a lot of people on this forum. Keep up the good work.

300.02 (F41.1)

Nov 27, 2018 6:41 AM in response to sa25

sa25 wrote:

I wasn’t sure whether I should mention this: But it seems extremely inappropriate for you to offer your opinion about my relationship, especially on a forum for Apple technical issues.

You have your views about what's appropriate to post in the forum. I have mine. And, it's exactly what I would have told you face to face. Well, no, that's not quite true. It would have been much more emphatically worded had we been face to face.

Best of luck.

“Find My iPhone” notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.