Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay not compatible with my amp anymore?

I have used iTunes with my Pioneer SC-55 for several years. Recently, I now get the following error when selecting the amp for Airplay: The device is not compatible with this version of AirPlay. What has happened? Will this be fixed? I really need to stream my itunes library to my stereo system.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Mark

null-OTHER, Windows 10, itunes

Posted on Nov 25, 2018 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2018 2:47 PM

itunes 12.9.26 finally fix this for me. This happened to me a few months ago on my VSX-1021 (my VSX-822 still worked). I updated itunes and pioneer firmware with no luck.

So for the past few months each time itunes wanted to update I said yes (normally I don't bother to update) and tested. TODAY it worked (didn't even reboot Win 7 PC).

Good Luck

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2018 2:47 PM in response to agentfox1942

itunes 12.9.26 finally fix this for me. This happened to me a few months ago on my VSX-1021 (my VSX-822 still worked). I updated itunes and pioneer firmware with no luck.

So for the past few months each time itunes wanted to update I said yes (normally I don't bother to update) and tested. TODAY it worked (didn't even reboot Win 7 PC).

Good Luck

Airplay not compatible with my amp anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.