Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I play my music without Apple Music trying to get me to purchase membership

I don't want Apple Music membership

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 7:56 AM

On Apple TV, the Music app is for use with an Apple Music subscription, as it is all cloud-based.

To listed to your music on Apple TV via Home Sharing, use the Computers app instead.

For iTunes on a computer, or Music app on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad), you can turn off the Apple Music features in Preferences/Settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2018 7:56 AM in response to someonecool

On Apple TV, the Music app is for use with an Apple Music subscription, as it is all cloud-based.

To listed to your music on Apple TV via Home Sharing, use the Computers app instead.

For iTunes on a computer, or Music app on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad), you can turn off the Apple Music features in Preferences/Settings.

Why can't I play my music without Apple Music trying to get me to purchase membership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.