Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my iphone 8 plus battery drain normal?

Hi,

I bought my iphone 8 plus just a couple days ago and I was wondering if my battery drain is normal. The capacity is obviously still 100%. I have the brightness on about 50% with autobrightness turned on. Ive got background app refresh limited to only a few apps, same with location services. I was just doing a bit of internet/instagram scrolling and noticed I was getting about 1% battery loss every 2-4 mins, is this normal?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 26, 2018 3:19 PM

5 replies

Nov 26, 2018 5:04 PM in response to Annqa

It could be normal. It really depends.

Here's what you should try — do your regular activities/routine on Low Power Mode for about an hour. Better yet, try a whole day on Lower Power Mode. If you notice the that this is definitely prolonging your battery life, then we can say that there are definitely some background activities happening on your iPhone draining your battery. Not just "regular" use.

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone - Apple Support

Nov 26, 2018 5:27 PM in response to Annqa

Go to Settings/Battery. It will list the apps using the most energy, and, if you tap on one, how much energy each app uses.

One "rule of thumb" is to charge your phone overnight, so it is fully charged in the morning. If you can make it to bedtime without having to charge it the phone's performance is good. There's a lot more to it, but that one test covers most situations. If you want to read more (perhaps TMI) see: When to charge your iPhone or iPad

Nov 27, 2018 11:59 AM in response to Annqa

Spotify in the background (assuming it's connected to data or Wi-Fi) with the screen off, and getting the results you just mentioned sounds within the range of acceptable usage.

Note that if you were listening to music all day with the screen off (which is pulling data constantly) on low power mode, according to your stats, you'd get 40 hours of battery life, and on regular mode, 20 hours.

Good experiment, and I would say since you're running a high-end computer in your hand, good results!

Is my iphone 8 plus battery drain normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.