Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band doesn't find music interface

Hello Everyone,

I have recently bought a macbook air 13 and I was trying to use my music interface to go with garage band but garage band is not finding the interface in the input\output audio setting. I am using the same music interface with another macbook pro 15 on logic pro x. Hope someone can help me with this manner.

Thanks a lot 🙂

MacBook Air, macOS Mojave (10.14.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 7:00 AM

simolai91 wrote:

I have recently bought a macbook air 13 [...] but garage band is not finding the interface

I am using the same music interface with another macbook pro 15 on logic pro x.

🙂

are you perhaps running an older OS on the MBP, and the latest on the MBA?

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your interface.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to the internal mic:

User uploaded file

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2018 7:00 AM in response to simolai91

simolai91 wrote:

I have recently bought a macbook air 13 [...] but garage band is not finding the interface

I am using the same music interface with another macbook pro 15 on logic pro x.

🙂

are you perhaps running an older OS on the MBP, and the latest on the MBA?

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use your interface.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to the internal mic:

User uploaded file

Garage band doesn't find music interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.