Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Job Log missing from Print screen in Apple apps

I have found a discrepancy between Apple apps and non-Apple apps in regard to sending jobs to our Ricoh MP C8002 PS office printer. All of the print-capable non-Apple apps I have installed on my Late 2012 iMac running macOS Mojave 10.14.1, whether they are the current version or not, have a Job Log option listed above Printer Features in the Print dialogue box. None of the print-capable Apple apps have this option. Unauthorized Copy Prevention is also missing from the same menu in all Apple apps. See the below screenshots for reference.

One of the Job Log functions is Document Server, which allows us to send files to the printer to be stored for future printing. This feature offers much better quality than scanning printed documents - which makes it an invaluable and necessary resource.

I installed the latest printer driver from Ricoh, just released last month for macOS Mojave. But there is no change from the situation described above.

Why would this function disappear from the Print screen in Apple apps only? I would hate to think I can only rely on non-Apple software for this important function. So, the better question is: How do I fix it?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Mojave (10.14.1), null

Posted on Nov 27, 2018 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2018 1:43 PM

Solved!

With Mojave, Apple has brought back Feature Sets under Printer Features - something that disappeared in Sierra when Feature Sets became a long scrolling list.

The Features lists still scroll (which is still not readily apparent when scroll bars are not set to always be visible), but Job Log and Unauthorized Copy Prevention have been moved into the Feature Sets dropdown along with General - adding one more step to the process of accessing those features.

Keep in mind that this extra step is only currently required in Apple applications running in Mojave. I suspect that will change, though, as 3rd party applications are updated for Mojave.

See the below screenshot for reference.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2018 1:43 PM in response to steveald

Solved!

With Mojave, Apple has brought back Feature Sets under Printer Features - something that disappeared in Sierra when Feature Sets became a long scrolling list.

The Features lists still scroll (which is still not readily apparent when scroll bars are not set to always be visible), but Job Log and Unauthorized Copy Prevention have been moved into the Feature Sets dropdown along with General - adding one more step to the process of accessing those features.

Keep in mind that this extra step is only currently required in Apple applications running in Mojave. I suspect that will change, though, as 3rd party applications are updated for Mojave.

See the below screenshot for reference.

User uploaded file

Job Log missing from Print screen in Apple apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.